Fall Rose Care Tips. Enjoy Your Roses! – I think this point is too easily overlooked. Love your garden and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Cooler temperatures bring out the blooms and intensifies the color of many roses. I'm particularly proud of this Over the Moon bloom (above) in my new rose bed. Plant New Roses – It's a great time for adding to your garden and give them a head start for next spring. Still concerned? Remember all of our roses are guaranteed for a full year.
Many of you may not be aware that our inventory is updated on January 1st for the following spring shipping. This is the time to find those rare and popular gems that can be tough to get your hands on. Typically, we are able to release about 80% of our stock this time of year. The remaining 20% is held until early spring when we have a little better feel for when the plants will be ready. If a variety is listed as out of stock on January 1st, it means we are expecting the roses to be ready a
Each year we enjoy adding to our collection of roses. 2022 is no different. This year we will introduce about 50 new (and new to us) roses. Here are a few of the roses I’m really excited about this year. Mini Madness - I am a miniature rose lover and I’m always on the lookout for interesting miniatures. This year I am proud to introduce two brand new roses from hybridizer Robert Rippetoe. Orchid Kisses features intense tones of orchid, fuchsia and magenta. Flowers come all season and
If you’ve tried to call us for the last 10 years, you’ve reached one person, ME. Not shockingly, this is also an area ripe for improvement. Starting this fall, things have changed. We have implemented a phone system that allows us to have multiple people answering multiple calls and more efficiently returning voice mail. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but it should alleviate some of the frustration created by me answering every call on my cell phone. I know some of you really like talking to
After back-to-back difficult shipping seasons, we piloted a new approach to order fulfillment this fall. After a little adjustment, we are confident that the new system will greatly improve our shipping timeliness. We have moved to a daily capped system that will limit the number of orders scheduled for a specific day. In the past, we have pooled orders by week with the intention of everything arriving by the weekend. As many of you have experienced over the past seasons, this led to a
Here at High Country Roses, all of our plants are grown on their own roots. That simply means that we produce our roses by method called Asexual Vegetative Propagation. In more practical terms, we induce roots to grow on sections the rose’s stem through the application of plant hormones. Sometimes the process is referred to as cloning because the resulting plant is genetically identical to the parent. No matter what you call it, we produce between 50,000 and 70,000 cuttings each year.